How can you choose the best home office printer to power your productivity? Read on to learn more about home office printers and all-in-one printers for home office use.
What is the best home office printer?
When it comes to home office printing, there are some special considerations to keep in mind:
- Space: Unlike large workplaces, most home offices are short on space, so it can be a challenge to accommodate multiple devices. If you’re working in tight quarters, consider options like home office all-in-one printers that provide multiple functions—print, copy, scan and fax, —in one compact device. Even if you’ve got space to spare, these devices can help keep your home office tidy, organized, and efficient.
- Wireless options: Not all remote workers have the same home office setup. Some work from a designated room, while others are more mobile and creative with the space they have available. A wireless home printer can give you the ability to print from your laptop or smartphone even when you’re in another room in the house, meaning you can print important documents even while you’re whipping up dinner in the kitchen.
- Home and work: For remote workers, the line between home and office can become blurry. If you live with family, for example, they may rely on your home office printer to print everything from homework to tax documents. If this sounds familiar, be sure to factor the whole family’s print needs into your printer purchase equation.
How do I choose a home office printer?
To determine which Brother home office printer is best for your needs, start by determining how many people will be using the printer and what your estimated print volumes will be. From there, you’ll want to consider the following:
- Color vs. Black and White: If you’re going to print primarily in black and white, a monochrome home office printer might be the way to go. However, if you’re planning to print bright, colorful images and photos, a color printer will be the best option.
- Inkjet or Laser: If you’re printing a high volume of pages each month, a home office laser printer could be your best bet. These top home office printers are designed to print a large number of pages quickly and efficiently. On the other hand, if you don’t expect to be printing large volumes as you work remotely, an inkjet printer could be ideal.
- All-In-One vs. Single Function: If you need to go beyond printing and save on home office space, all-in-one printers offer print, copy, scan, and fax functionality in one compact device.
- Print Speed: If you need documents quickly, be sure to compare the “pages per minute” print speed each home office printer offers.
- Two-Sided Printing: The best home office printers offer duplex printing so you can easily print on both sides of the paper, a feature that can also help you save on paper costs.
- Flexible Connectivity: The best wireless printers for home use make sharing simple with advanced network connectivity. Some models offer both wireless and Ethernet networking as well as mobile device printing for the ability to print from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
- At Your Side Support: Have questions or concerns about Brother top rated home office printers? Brother offers At Your Side support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your printer, so you always have the answers you need.